Thursday, 10 May 2012

Hang on to your hats!

I suspect that today is the last day of relative calm before preparations move into top gear here tomorrow.

Not that nothing has been done so far.  Boarding passes are printed off along with documentation for the car hire, and Alfi has been dispatched to the kennels.  Sally has survived the stage 1 trauma of watching him led away, stage 2 will be waking up without him tomorrow, but hopefully she'll be too busy to notice - ok that's probably a bit optimistic, probably very optimistic.

But it's tomorrow that things will really start happening here.  Firstly there's Micky to hand over to the cattery.  I think he will be the one traumatised not us, as he is terrified of travelling and is guaranteed to be sick before we get to the top of the road.  Still, with no-one pushing him out twice a day for "necessary functions" (he has an ensuite room ie his litter tray will be next to his bed) I'm sure he'll settle in nicely once he gets there.

Next will be packing.  Neither of us has sorted any clothes out yet, but with 22kg allowance each, we should be able to almost pack everything.

Then the difficult bit, what "accessories" to pack.  I'll be taking my MacBook so that I can work on the blog, my iPod for some music, twitter and angry birds, a couple of satnavs, a couple of cameras and my ebook reader.  Doesn't sound too bad when put like that, but it's the necessary power supplies that double the bulk as I don't think any will double up.  There'll be binoculars too, but at least they don't need charging.

Tony and Sally are coming across in the evening to save a very early start (or should that be a very, very early start) as we'll need to be leaving here at 4am Saturday at the latest.  Lou, Lucy and Iain will join us in the morning.  We'll be travelling in the Volvo and Lucy and Iain's Punt, but Sally's, Lou's, Tony's and Eunice's cars will need to be accommodated on the drive.  This will be another job for tomorrow after Tony and Sally arrive.

I'm sure there'll be much much more to do, but Eunice, as a seasoned traveller, has a comprehensive list, so I'll be able to leave most of it up to her!




No comments:

Post a Comment